- Laman Utama
- Tentang Kami
- Peralatan Makmal
- Pusat / Unit
- Hubungi Kami
The course provides an introduction to the Ocean Biogeographic Information System (OBIS). This includes best practices in marine biogeographic data management, data publication, data access, data analysis and data visualisation.
Aims and Objectives
– Reinforce and expand the OBIS network in the South-East Asian Region
– Increase awareness on international standards and best practices related to marine biogeographic data management
– Increase the amount and quality of open access biodiversity data published through OBIS and its OBIS nodes
– Increase the use of data from OBIS for research, species conservation and area-based management applications for sustainable development
– Knowledge and understanding of OBIS structure, mission and objectives
– Installation and management of IPT
– Use of Darwin Core standards for species occurrence records, taxonomy, event/sample records and additional biological and environmental parameters.
– Data quality control tools
– Publishing data through IPT and contributing datasets to OBIS
– Use of OBIS data access (website, web service, API/R).
– Data visualisation tools (R/online GIS tools, …)
– OBIS nodes (and candidate OBIS node) data managers in the SE Asia Region
Coral Reef biodiversity data managers
– Marine data managers
– Staff of NODCs or ADUs
– Principle Investigators of major marine biodiversity expeditions National marine biodiversity focal points
NOTE: priority will be given to participants originating from South Eastern Asia and Pacific Islands.
UNESCO is committed to promote gender equality. Therefore applications from women are strongly encouraged.
– Candidates should be from institutions that contribute, or hold and plan to contribute, marine biogeographic data to OBIS
– Candidates should bring marine biogeographic datasets with them for the hands-on exercises
– Need to bring own laptop
– Working knowledge of English
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to all successful students.
|Location||Institute of Oceanography and Environment
Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT),
21030 Kuala Terengganu
|Notes||Application process: please fill the online application form https://otga.wufoo.eu/forms/otga-application-form-obis-asian-nodes-oct2017/ no later than 30 August 2017.
Before starting filling the online application form, please make sure to have available the following:
The deadline to submit the application closes 30 August 2017. Do not leave for the last minute since the system will close automatically. In case you have any questions please contact the organisers well in advance: given time differences you may
Both full- and co-sponsoring are available for a limited number of participants.
The selection of participants who will be sponsored will take into consideration:
For more detailed information on how to apply see http://classroom.oceanteacher.org/mod/page/view.php?id=5771
In case of questions contact: